Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years...

Here it is again...

That time of year where you begin to think about all the things you could have done better, all the things you want to do next year, and what you will commit to as a "New Year's Resolution". We all really enjoy a new start. Every year we get to start over, every year we get to let go of the past 365 days, and sometimes it doesn't even last a month or two. We make these promises and tell ourselves that we are going to and make a good effort to change and yet find that we make the same mistakes over and over again not far from our promise. Now there are many sermons and self-help books written on how to make impacting, long-lasting change at New Year's, but who reads those? Besides most of them are probably just cranked out to try and make an extra buck this time a year.

For me I see it as a new chance to Love people. I really believe that I can make an honest attempt with the help of my close friends and family, to really try to be more selfless in general. Yes it sounds a bit like a New Year's resolution, because it kind of is. So that is what I am doing for New Year's.

For today, I am going to spend the day with my awesome girlfriend. Katie and I are going to the mall to look at stuff and buy a blender. I need a blender because I am going to commit to the clean cleanse. It's a program by Dr. Alejandro Junger. It's about flushing your body of the toxins that get into it through eating like a normal American. I am guilty as anybody, I love food! But this year or at least the beginning of the year, I'm going to literally die to my desires to have whatever I want with food. Katie is thankfully going to support me through this, cause I definitely need some help. So yea, hopefully I can handle it while all the guys on my floor are cooking their amazing food lol. Ugh. Hopefully I can make it through. I know I can if I put my mind to it.

So anyways, Happy New Year's and God Bless

-Kris-

1 comment:

kellymlacy said...

good thing.

I did the Daniel diet for one day over xmas break (that's how intense it was, or at least how I am). Diet's are good for your body, flushing everything out and keeping your body pure.