Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Times in Autumn....


Days pass by in the months after the first day of fall...

With each day comes new challenges and blessings. Since my last entry there have been definitely enough of both. But what I want to do with this entry is talk about thoughts that pertain to a photo.

So in this photo, people are doing various things... There is a man looking sternly out at the public on the left, and on the right there is a picture of a courtroom full of African Americans. I was sitting in the history lounge and I was looking for a shot to start off my series of photo blogs and found this one... A girl sitting next to me asked what I was doing taking a picture of papers and magazines... so I told her "I am going to blog about it". So then she asked what I would blog about with this photo... and I told her...

"I would... well... hmmmm.... I would probably blog about the people.... the people in the photo. These people in this courtroom. Numerous people are in this one room, all representing one life, all representing a different mind, a different family, a different purpose or opinion; just a different being all together. You look at each face and realize that there is a life separate than your own. They each think different and have experienced life different. Each person here is probably dead and gone, but they were all apart of the story of mankind. It's interesting to think about the fact that we will just be people in a photograph one day. So with this photo i'll blog about how each life represents a different story..."

That is what I told her in a nut shell... so I figure it will work for now :)

-Kris-

No comments: