Thursday, April 17, 2008

New Testament

I am currently in New Testament Literature class. I almost never pay attention. It is really sad. I sit in class, surf the web, and then study for the end of class quizzes 15 minutes before the end of class. I do the out of class homework and I have a B+. Probably the one class i have been able to literally not really do anything and pass. The sad part I was referring to earlier is that this is the word of God I am learning about and I am turned off to it for the hour and fifteen minutes and I will not really take anything away from this class. So it makes me wonder if it reflects my walk with God? I don't think so. I love the Lord, and I have not been into the Word as much as I should, but I do look to God for almost all things. But when it comes to being taught about Him in a classroom, I check out. Is it God or the Professor? well I would definitely say the Professor, but I am sure God is using him to influence the lives of the other students. Man I am partly tired and running circles in my head about this concept. I love God and he has provided all of my needs even before I came to know him as my savior, and yet know I have become numb to hearing his word in a classroom setting. Sunday mornings different story. I totally get a lot out of Sunday morning sermons, but man chapel and tuesday thursday NTL, NOTHING!

So I am not too sure what I am trying to say, but I hope that all who read realize that no matter how boring classes can be, we do need to remember that we should not look at boring classes as boring classes, but as learning something that will enable us to glorify God in the future. SO yeha have a great day and stuff

Stay Classy World Wide Web

-Kris-

1 comment:

Fractured Diamond said...

It seems that schools always find a way of getting the epitome of a boring teacher to instruct us in the word of God. I feel for ya. But if you're getting spiritual nurturing on Sundays I doubt it's your faith.

How true, how true. :-)

God bless.