Monday, March 8, 2010

Second Day in the land of the Rising Sun...


Well....


I am bloggin a little early to start because I can't seem to sleep all the way through the night. I just keep waking up like two hours before my alarm. I guess its because of all the all nighters and late nights from my years in college so far, throwin me off my sleep schedule haha. Either way its a pretty sweet house me and Zech are in. We have like our own room, we have to share, but its so sweet. So yea I might try and go back to sleep and finish this post up later :) (6:50am)


Didn't quite get back to sleep but...

So we got up today to one of the sweetest breakfasts i've ever had. We had this awesome Japanese toast, followed by some American-style, and Japanese-style scrambled eggs. Then we had this really cool soup made from corn, milk, and some other stuff. As well as some sausage. I am just loving it here, and am so blessed to have this opportunity. Thanks again to everyone who helped send us and all who are still praying for us and thinking about us. (9:38am-More to Come)

10:50pm

So it was yet again another great day. We went to the electronic district in Tokyo, and met a new friend Reichi (if that's how you spell his name). He led us around and showed us some sweet shops and places. We went to the @home cafe today as well. That was an interesting experience in which at first I had no idea what was going on... I thought I did, but then it was like ummm what? haha... So yea, we walked a whole bunch today like everywhere it felt like. I got a Japanese knife and some music stuff. I am so tired so I will cut this blog entry short and post a pic. I bid you all goodnight and yea goodnight...


P.S.
To talk about the picture up top. I took this picture to show that even in Japan, a fairly industrialized country, and a place that I thought had a lot more than America in some regards, but this man reminded me that brokenness and hurt and need is everywhere. I don't know about you but yea it just makes me feel like I could be doing more... so anyway, just let this pic speak to you...

-Kris-

No comments: