Monday, March 8, 2010

Second Day...



Well today we started out waking up at Jessica's house, then we had a delightful, but yet slightly familiar breakfast with muffins and bagels. We then got our money situation squared away, and after that it was off to Tokyo to visit a Buddhist temple. Around the temple there was lots of tourist-ish shops and we got to help a bunch of Japanese student's projects. We also saw a guy who was totally tryin to pull off Hugh Jackman look-alike. Then we went to a Japanese fast food joint, that was great!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE FOOD HERE AHHHHHHHH!!!!! After that we just kind of moseyed through Tokyo...

Then we moved toward the Imperial palace. We couldn't get very close, but it was still cool to go. We got to see tons of different things in Tokyo, and grabbed some Bubble Tea and Crepes (and when I drank the Bubble Tea it definitely reminded me of the time I drank it with Jessey Forsyth, and I hope your reading this :)) After the bubble tea a lot of the day is kind of a blur... We rode a lot, and I mean a lot of trains... haha... TONS OF TRAINS... GOBS OF TRAINS!!!!

Then we had a nice dinner at Jessica's with all the host families, and me and Zech went off to ours. We absolutely love these people :). Katsu is a great photographer with an awesome blog (http://Weltgeist.exblog.jp/m2010-03-01/). Him and his wife have been very gracious so far and I am positive that won't change. We are looking forward to beginning what we came here to do wednesday. We had a pre-conference jam session tonight and it was awesome. Now I am getting ready for bed because I am still al little jet-lagged and exhausted haha... so yea I bid you farewell and goodnight (everyone who is reading this) :)


-Kris-

No comments: